[3830] RTTY Roundup PJ2T(WB9Z) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jerry@daca.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup PJ2T(WB9Z) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:57:13 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): WB9Z
Station: PJ2T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  111
   40:  409
   20:  458
   15:  525
   10:   46
------------
Total: 1549  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 56  Total Score = 173,488

Club: Caribbean Contesting Consortium

Comments:

The RU was more like Field Day than a RTTY contest.  We lost commerical
power on Friday night during the NCCC practice session and it was
still off on Saturday morning.  The rumors were flying and it sounded
like a sub-station had caught fire and I figured we would be lucky
to have the power up at all over the weekend.

Luckly, Geoff W0CG and the Caribbean Contesting Consortium have
a nice portable generator here.  But, I was afraid there would not
be enough gas here for the whole weekend.  Lori and I have been
here since Dec. 6th and I have used up some of the gas here mowing
the yard and antenna farm here.

So, Lori and I take off and travel over a lot of the island
looking for a gas station that had power and was open.  We finally
lucked out and stocked up with 8 more gallons.  I finally got back to the
station in time to set up the generator and cable and have a quick
lunch before the start.   The power did come back for a while on Saturday
evening and then went out again for most of Sunday afternoon.

The conditions down here were great!  I was especially pleased that
I did so well on 15 and 40, even running low power.  But, it just goes
to show how good the PJ2T antenna farm and this location really is.

Thanks for all the contacts folks, and to the Caribbean Contesting
Consortium for the use of their very excellent station!

73
Jerry WB9Z