[3830] NAQP CW N7TR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rich@n7tr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N7TR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:56:19 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N7TR
Operator(s): N7TR, N7ON
Station: N7TR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  163    36
   80:  345    50
   40:  455    57
   20:  526    58
   15:  294    38
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1784   240  Total Score = 424,800

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

What a great time!!  This was the first full contest from my new station and
mostly everything worked fine.  We had one failure of an ICE419 when we went to
80 meters.  Didn?t need these anyway at 100 watts, so we just pressed on with it
turned off.

Station 1 did the logging for 10-15-40 and 160, while Station 2 was 20 and 80.
This turned out to be a good strategy and worked well with John and I.  One big
Nevada QSO on 10 that I moved there?.Other than that, not a peep.

I was impressed with the professionalism of the operators in this contest.  It
truly made the 12 hours full of excitement, as well as keeping the motivation
up.

20 was a huge bottomless pit and John, N7ON, milked it for almost every Q he
could find.  I was shocked when I put up the 160 dipole last minute at around
50ft and to hear the stations on 160.  Working Florida and PA at around 7-8 PM
here was great on 160.  John and I mainly pushed for QSO Total and didn?t do
much multiplier moving, which shows, but this was mainly a test of the new
station to see how things went. Our target was around 2000 Q?s and realized with
3 hours to go it wasn?t going to happen.  If we had 10 Meters?2K would have very
much been achievable. Next year we will push more for moving mults.

Special Thanks again to John, N7ON, who is a ?Machine? when it comes to sitting
down and making things happen?as well as making it a fun ?Team? event.

73 from the "RENO" Team..

Rich N7TR
www.n7tr.com