[3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:11:17 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   41    12
   80:   33    13
   40:   86    34
   20:  123    44
   15:   37    13
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  322   117  Total Score = 37,674

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #4

Comments:

This outing produced rather mixed reults.  More Qs than ever
before but fewer mults.  Score is almost 10K below previous
best.  Seriously missed 10m, and 15m didn't do me as much good
as I had hoped for.

During the hours when 15m was doing well, we had heavy rain and
my antenna wouldn't load.  Squeezed in a few 15m Qs when the
rain would stop for a while, but mostly had to move down to 20m
and soldier on.  Got some antenna work in my near future :-)

Also, working 80m with a short 40m dipole isn't a great way to
go.  But you use what you have and have fun anyway.

I really enjoyed working W6OAT and W0YX on all bands 10-160.
Never did this before with any station.  Easy way to pick up
points, so I'll focus on this more in the future.
Also enjoyed the absence of the crusher KWs with key clicks out
+/-5 kHz.  Was able to work with phones on for a change.  Nice.

Only non-US worked were VP5, ZF2, XE, VE, and JA.  As a Search
and Pounce operator, I scan the bands carefully, but really
never heard much DX.

For me, after CA at 68 Qs, TN (21), TX (20) and PA (18) were
the most active states.  Must have been some sort of
searchlight propagation, or else they are just more active than
other states.

Tried taking my off times in four 1/2 hr breaks.  Worked well,
and left me the final half hour from 9:30 PM to 10 PM for my
last 9 Qs and 2 mults.

Now to get ready for the CQ WW 160 CW in a few weeks.  Hope to
see you all there.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude