[3830] NAQP SSB W4KAZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kazeringue@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4KAZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 06:10:44 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    3     3
   80:  190    38
   40:   37    21
   20:   77    20
   15:   37    12
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  344    94  Total Score = 32,336

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Congressmen

Comments:

This year worked out better than I expected.  Without decent antennas for the
high bands, I figured I'd have trouble on 10/15/20 at this point in the sunspot
cycle.  That seemed to be true.

I really expected better results on 40 meters, but I did better on 20 than on
40.  Seems like the broadcast stations scared everybody off, although I didn't
seem to have trouble working the stations calling CQ on 40.  Note to self:
Switch to 40 meters earlier at the bottom of the sunspot cycle.

My big surprise was being able to maintain a run on  80 meters.  I had a solid
two plus hours running on 80.  Nothing to scare the big guns, but a nice solid
chunk of extra QSO's.  Thanks for the patience with my practice.  I feel pretty
good about my 80 meter folded dipole.

Still need to work on my 160 antenna.  It would not load properly in the rain,
so 160 was a bust.

73 all
W4KAZ