[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VA3KA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ka@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VA3KA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:59:35 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  161    66  Total Score = 16,764

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Very depressed conditions on Saturday, likely due to the 20 cm (8 inches) of
heavy wet snow on all antennas and trees! Hard to make any QSO's above 222 (not
even across town on 903!!).

Much better conditions on Sunday. Very strong signals from the East in the
morning on 144. Congratulations to all the VE/VA2's that turned out in force
this weekend. I think I worked more FN35 stations this contest than in all
previous contests combined!

Had to take most of Sunday afternoon off to snow blow. What a mess!

It was great to work W2FU and N2PA on 903 and 1296! Thanks guys for your
patience.

A special thanks to Tom VA3NFA (and Brad VE3BSM assisting) who operated
VE3WCC/rover on Saturday heading out just a few hours after a 20 cm snowfall! I
was on stand-by to assist him if he could not get out of a parking lot in FN15!
Without Tom (6 bands in 2 grids and 4 bands in 4 grids) the score would have
been much lower. Thanks Tom!

Looking forward to June!