[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N9DG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N9DG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:33:12 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  299   113  Total Score = 43,505

Club:

Comments:

Well not a bad run for this one. I would rate the conditions as winter normal
for the most part. Though the Q's to my W and NW were somewhat scarce and harder
to make than usual. Made lots of CQ's to my SW through N directions with
comparatively low response rates. Conditions just weren't good enough for me to
get much attention. I also didn't hear the weak chatter out of the Minneapolis
area like I normally do as I did my compass sweeps with the rotor. Q's to my E
through S were generally comfortable to make on the lower 3. What I did notice
was that it was harder than normal to make the Q's on 432, especially as
compared to how easy they were on 222. Generally if I can work it on 222 I can
also work it on 432 as well, wasn't always the case this time where a
disproportionately large number of stations were missed on 432. I also have some
rather large holes around EN60 and EN70, stuff I normally work. What also hurt
was that there were no close by rovers this time so my rover Q's were down
substantially.

Now for the clearly positive. I did work more of the close by locals this time
and a few others who are new to VHF contesting; this was a good thing. I also
lucked out with a few nice long haul Q's to the E and SE with EN91 and EM77 in
the log for 144/222 (~450 miles). And finally very little trouble with power
line noise and the equipment all worked as it should.

All in all I'm quite happy with my results this time around, especially
considering that my score doesn't include any 6M E Q's.

Duane
N9DG