[3830] CQ160 CW K4XU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4xu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K4XU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:46:03 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 711  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 13  Total Score = 143,820

Club:

Comments:

Several times I drifted off and waking up thought I was on 20m. The band
conditions were great out here.
This is the first time on 160m with two antennas, my old inverted L beside the
tower with the top at 68' and 15 radials, and an inverted V hung in a ponderosa
at 65'. It was snowing a good part of both nights and I had to chase the match
around a bit, but the V was usually better than the L which only shows that
ground conditions out here in the high desert are in K3LC's "very poor" class!
No receiving antennas.
Highlight: having 9M2AX answer my last CQ at 7:55 AM local.
Lowlight: grinding up four radials while snowblowing my driveway Saturday AM.
:-(