[3830] CQ160 CW VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:18:12 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 220  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 3  Total Score = 50,400

Club:

Comments:

Inverted-L (80' high 50' horizontal)

No Beverage, so grappled with signals in the noise. Friday night wasn't bad, but
Saturday night was. Seemed I had worked most of the stations that could hear me
Friday night, and Saturday night after BARTG Sprint action on 80M had died out,
there wasn't a lot going on on 160M CW.

Enjoyed my time on the band, kept hoping for NE, ND, KS, KY and MS and a few W1
states -- had MA and NH, but no RI, VT, CT.

Heard lots of VE3s. Had to dig a while to find TX and OK, but sure enough they
were in there.

Have tried to install a short Beverage aimed due E (only direction in which I
can get over 300' on the property) but just can't get the thing to work well.
Quicky installation issues, no doubt. The Inv.-L does all right, but I know
there's a lot more to work under the noise.