[3830] BARTG Sprint 9M2CNC(@9M2RPN) SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint 9M2CNC(@9M2RPN) SO Expert HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:34:23 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): 9M2CNC
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:    0    0
   40:   12   12
   20:  273  273
   15:  202  202
   10:    0    0
-----------------
Total:  487  487  Mults = 75  Total Score = 201,618

Club: BARTG

Comments:

Station: IC-756 Pro, IC-PW1 amplifier, 400 W output
Force 12 C3-S at 12m, 40m Inverted V at 12m

Wow, so this is what contesting from 9M2 during sunspot minimum is like! Not
much fun at all. The MUF dropped very quickly below 7 MHz and I had no 80m
antenna for this contest. 10m was open to JA but no QSOs :-(

As many have already said condx were poor. From here signals were weak which
coupled with QSB made QSOs very slow. Many thanks for all the repeats.

I had my first frequency fight in a RTTY contest. Given the crowded 20m it is
expected. PSK and Olivia/Packet QSOs now restrict the 20m RTTY bandspace. Some
flexibility is required during contest weekends.

As ever getting QSOs from all 6 continents is a real challenge. I managed it but
is was close. Normally SA is the most difficult one and happily YV6BTF called in
early. The difficult one this year was AF but EA8/DJ1OJ saved my day! Many
thanks to both Jose and Heijo for the crucial multipliers.

Very few signals from the UK but I was pleased to see Phil GU0SUP printing well.

I will miss both the XE and CQ WPX RTTY contests due to overseas work. As much
as I try to plan my overseas trips around contests sometimes the customer wins
:-)

Thank you for the QSOs and a prosperous and healthy year of the Dog to all.

73 de Rich, 9M2CNC (G4ZFE)