[3830] BARTG Sprint ZL4BR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl2br@ihug.co.nz
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint ZL4BR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 02:03:56 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: ZL4BR
Operator(s): ZL4BR
Station: ZL4BR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:   87   87
   20:  123  121
   15:   60   60
   10:
-----------------
Total:  270  268  Mults = 71  Total Score = 114,168

Club:

Comments:

Judging by the number of cluster spots there was plenty of stations active but
the really miserable propagation spoilt things. This my 4th contest so far this
year would probably be one of the least enjoyable I?ve done for a few years. 50
qso?s down on last year. For 12 of the hourly periods the qso rate didn?t reach
double digits. W/VE were specially hard to find. Oceania activity higher than
expected with, 5xVK, 4xZL, 4xYB, and 2xDU

Hot weather didn?t help, 30C+ outside and higher in the shack and the linear
probably added a couple of degrees as well. Must think about ducting the amp
heat out of the shack in the summer.

Had a few frequency squabbles with Eu?s. I reckon when they are all working each
other over distances of 1 to 2000km and they are all S9+ with each other, that
some of them consider a frequency is unused if there is no signal on it stronger
than say S3, which could possibly be from 18,000km away !

Set-up:
TS-2000 + AL-80B
3el tribander an 40m GP

Will be taking a break from contests for a while, gonna load up the camping gear
and head for the beach. Might take my qrp rig and laptop just in case tho :-)

73, Frank ZL4BR