[3830] CQ160 CW N9CO Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N9CO@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9CO Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 03:31:15 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 50  State/Prov = 24  Countries = 0  Total Score = 2,616

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I am amazed that anyone heard me, much less completed an exchange with me!  I
don't have an antenna (yet) for 160, so used the coax fed 80m Delta Loop.  The
impedance in the shack was way beyond what the FT-1000MP's auto-tuner could
handle, so I just dialed the gain back to 5w and went with it.  There are some
stations out there with very good ears!  It was cool to work somebody on the
first call.  This wasn't a good weekend for radio... my son's 6th birthday
celebration took top priority, which included entertaining extended family all
weekend.