[3830] CQ160 CW W1ECT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1ECT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:02:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1ECT
Operator(s): W1ECT
Station: W1ECT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Etna, NH
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 951  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 48  Total Score = 343,350

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Friday: I got off to a nice start - I managed to find a clear frequency and stay
there for five hours.  Shut down at about 3 AM with 639 QSOs, 52
states/provinces, and 37 countries.

Saturday: It's always a bit disappointing on Saturday after starting with those
great rates on Friday - it can get pretty frustrating when the rate meter starts
showing numbers in the 30's (or below!).  Shut down again about 3 AM with 895
QSOs, 57 states/provinces, and 47 countries.

Sunday: I often don?t operate on Sunday because things are too slow but last
year I put in an hour at the end and did pretty well.  This year I decided to
try harder and had visions of getting my QSO count up to 1,000.  I put in two
and a half hours near the end of the contest and added 55 QSOs one new DX
multiplier.

Conditions were quite good and there was lots of activity.  All during the
contest I felt I wasn't doing a very good job adding those 10 point European
QSOs to the log.  However, when I checked my old logs after the contest I found
that this was my best year ever for Europe, 140 QSOs (14.7%).  I probably could
have surpassed the personal record I set last year in 20 hours if I had enough
stamina/motivation to put in four more hours when the rate meter was in the 20's
and 30's.

I didn't really have any memorable moments DX-wise, my best catch was being
called by NH6KB.  I did contribute to the unruly mess calling 7X0RY on a couple
of occasions but never worked him.  Other stations I never worked but who I
heard calling other stations were PJ2T and OY1CT (who was calling an HS0
station).

States/Provinces: Missed Idaho, VE4, VE6, YT, and NWT.