[3830] CQ160 CW K7SV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7sv@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7SV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:45:43 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 891  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 43  Total Score = 242,658

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The TEE that replaced the inverted L certainly outperforms the L. Not sure that
it's as much design as getting the vertical away from the support trees. Used an
IC-756PRO II and and IC-746 with the Tee (50 feet vertical/100 foot flat top
with eight quarter wave elevated radials). Had one elevated 300 ft beverage
running se/nw and a 300 ft half BOG ne and sw. A half bog has half the wire
supported in trees at 7 feet and the rest on the ground! The small nagging line
noise I've had for years disappeared during the summer and there was little if
any atmospheric noise, so the band was quiet. I had the 756/vert in the right
ear and the 746/bevs in the left. I don't know that there was anything that I
could copy on one antenna but not the other, but there was a diversity like
effect that really helped with a weak fading signal. Copy of KL7RA was real
rough with one or the other, but with them both he remained pretty solid. Never
did work him - only state I missed. It was great to have a VP9, a KP2, and
North/South Dakota all call in the first half hour! Had a ball, but hope to get
back together with my pals at NR4M next year.