[3830] CQ160 CW NM7D Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7ut@infowest.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NM7D Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:56:26 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NM7D
Operator(s): W7UT, K7NJ, W8EQA, N7JW, K7CA, AA7DJ, KD7WPJ
Station: NM7D

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1254  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 34  Total Score = 372,930

Club:

Comments:

Normally we use N7JW as our callsign, but this year we operated from a new site
in an industrial park in St. George and decided to use the club call NM7D.  Our
transmit antenna was a single 54' top-loaded vertical with 60 radials.  Our
receive antennas included 4 & 8 element broadside end-fire vertical arrays, as
well as beverages.

Operating from this new location we had our share of technical problems and
we'll be working to correct and improve things for the next contest.

We did log 130 JA stations...those 10-pointers really helped our score. We were
disappointed with the band conditions to Europe. A pleasant surprise was having
UU7J answer one of our CQ's.

FYI, no "hired guns" here...all the operators are local to the St. George &
Cedar City, Utah areas.

We made the point last year that the new start/finish times help the east coast
stations and penalize those of us in the west. Limiting the operating time for
everyone to 30 hours out of the 48-hour contest period might be one way of
leveling the playing field a bit.