[3830] CQ160 CW W3TS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dana.michael@tycoelectronics.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W3TS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:04:13 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3TS
Operator(s): W3TS
Station: W3TS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Pa
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 956  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 38  Total Score = 268,302

Club:

Comments:

Rig: Orion

Amp: pair of 3-500Zs at 1300 watts

Antennas:
TX: 1/8 wave wire Tee (my 60 feet high 80/40M inverted vees and RG-8X feeder
used as a 160M Tee) with 70 65foot long radials.
RX: 2 reversable 300' long Beverages ne/sw and se/nw.

Some "Firsts":

First contest with the Orion. And it worked well.

First time ever to use computer logging. Used N1MM Logger.

First time for a new local Line QRN. The wind storm that blew through central
Pa. on Wednesday caused a local intermitant QRN that was 20 over S9 on the TX
Tee antenna. And the only rx antenna that could be used with some success was
the se/nw Beverage. The Noise went into full "buzz" on Sunday about 0000Z. Later
someone sent to me "EU calling" but I'm sorry I could not hear well due to the
high power line QRN. The QRN is in the direction of EU and that antenna was
useless.