[3830] CQ160 CW EA3AKY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW EA3AKY Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:02:23 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: EA3AKY
Operator(s): EA3AKY
Station: EA3AKY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Delta Ebro
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 875  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 63  Total Score = 509,355

Club:

Comments:

First CQ 160 and very interesting experience. It has been a "field day"
operation in the delta of river Ebro, with sea in most directions just 2 Km
away. Installed a 26 mtrs high vertical with 4 radials inside water of rice
fields and a 160 mtrs long beverage to NA above the water too.

Like all field day problems arise. First night could only run 100w to the
vertical. I did 360 qsos with mni NA. The wx was the worst in several years,
with winds up to 100km/h and near 0 deg. C ! not the usual in this Mediterranean
area. After first night the vertical got down due to a failure in one pipe
anchor that was in the water. I installed a dipole at 12 m and worked the rest
of the contest with it and the KW. What a difference !. I did 500 qsos more,
most EU.

The most interesting has been testing the very good ground in this place, one of
the best in EA. Worst the wx: monday morning was snowing ! and it happens once
every 10 or more years.

Thanks for the qsos to everybody and hope to try again next year from this
place.

73s Josep Ma.