[3830] NA Sprint SSB K7RI(K7SS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K7RI(K7SS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:09:39 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K7RI
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7RI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   69
   40:  129
   20:  102
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team: Team Seahawks

Comments:

Sprints are my favorite contest...but.... Well, you know, you've read it in most
every report so far - phewwww.

...so lets summarize: Bottom of the cycle, huge windstorm in WA OR BC, local QRN
S9 on 40 & 80 and blanker doesnt help, and shortest 20 meter opening I can ever
recall in a sprint. Not a single W1 2 3 heard or worked on 20...(talked to K3MD
who said later he had called me w/ KW and big antenna on 20 and I just kept
CQing..)

WOW!!

Knew this was gonna be a 40 80 knockdown moshpit...and it sure was. CQing with
sparse answers, then combing the band entirely to only hear the same calls
already worked....and no other band to go to....whew. ..

..but as most everyone has said, its still fun....guess one could call it more
of a demolition derby than a drag race...   and no matter what kind of track
you're on, being IN the race is what matters most...and its still great to
play.

still paper log and pencil and one radio... can REALLY see where SO2R would have
added to the score. Time to learn it. Thanks once again to Tom and Carrie K7RI &
W7KAT for use of the best city lot station in the NW. Thanks to Mitch (Hawk)
K7RL for using my call to honor the Seahawks in today's SUPER BOWL...
K 7 Seattle Seahawks. GO HAWKS!!! (never heard a single Pittsburgh station I
could harass!)... 73 de Danny K7SS  see you in the next one...