[3830] NA Sprint CW W1NN(@K8AZ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W1NN(@K8AZ) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 04:32:45 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: K8AZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  113
   40:   75
   20:   57
---------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Many thanks to Tom for allowing me to operate from the awesome K8AZ station.

I was not able to take much advantage of the capabilities of Tom?s great
station.  I lost about 20 minutes to computer lockups (sorry Randy) and a bad
relay during the first hour, resulting in a very poor 20 meter total.  But I had
no excuses for the last three hours when the equipment was working fine but I
wasn?t.  40 was something of a struggle and many CQ?s went unanswered.  East
coast stations were very weak on 40 so a large percentage of contacts were
beyond 700 miles or so.  80 was a lot better but somehow I just couldn?t get in
the rhythm of the thing this time.

I agree that we should try to find an RTTY-free contest weekend, or at least a
weekend where the RTTY contest is a domestic-only event.  Looking at the 3830
postings this week, it is clear that there were a lot more guys operating the
RTTY contest than the Sprint.  Would it work to simply swap the Sprint SSB and
CW weekends?  Someone suggested doing the Sprint on Sunday night.  I personally
would like that and it probably would be okay with a lot of Pacific zone
stations, but it might be hard on some of the Eastern time zone guys, especially
in September.

I just love the CW Sprint.  For the past ten years, I've been lucky if I could
make one Sprint per year.  Someday I hope to become a more regular participant.
Thanks for the contacts!

73,

Hal W1NN