[3830] ARRLDX CW NU5D(KE5C) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke5c@hot.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NU5D(KE5C) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:34:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NU5D
Operator(s): KE5C
Station: NU5D

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:  49     32
   40:  43     28
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  92     60  Total Score = 16,200

Club:

Comments:

NU5D is a new callsign to DX contesting.  Steve is putting together a station in
central Texas near Gatesville in Coryell County.  This was a shakedown test of
some low band antennas and a chance to see if everything could work together.
We tried to get packet going, but the TNC would not reliably decode the receiver
signal, however, everything else pleasantly worked pretty well.  I was
disappointed that few answered CQ's, but I could work just about anyone I could
reliably copy except for a few alligators.  I didn't spend any time testing 160
because I wanted to work DX, and DX on 160 down here is pretty limited, even in
the 160 contests.  The raw rate is slow, but we were continually adjusting this,
that and the other and trying to get packet to work.

Rig: Icom 756 Pro 2
Amp: Mackay solid state running 1.5 KW key down.
Tuner: Heath HA2060
Feedline: 450 ohm twin lead
Antenna: single K3LR 160 meter sloper tuned for 80/40
Receive antenna: single 450 foot beverage
Software: TR Log