[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3KZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE3KZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 06:36:12 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:   27    22
   80:  118    54
   40:  168    65
   20:  652    87
   15:  200    71
   10:   19    12
-------------------
Total: 1184   311  Total Score = 1,104,672

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Thursday night:- Rain, freezing rain, thunder storms, 50mph winds! Friday
morning:- ice dropping off elements except for the 204BA where half the
reflector joined the ice chunks on the ground! The wind still howling, the 160
dipole laying across the 80m dipole. That one got fixed. No tower work involved.

Thank goodness for the reconstructed beverage. Most of the stations worked on
40/80/160 were uncopiable on the transmit antennas! Where does all that noise
come from? Put a wire up any decent height for transmitting and up goes my
S-meter!
10m was clinically dead on Saturday with only LR2F and PS2T making the grade.
The Sunday opening included the West Indies and the only problem was breaking
the pileups! In the half hour I was on 10, I managed all the stations that were
above ESP level and assumed the rest were getting much better skip into some
other part of NA.
I started out strictly casual S&P but had to relent and move from the main
tuning to the RIT and made at least 50% of the QSO's on CQ's to keep the score
moving at a decent rate.

TS-950SDX/AL-1200 1kW
10m 3el @ 55'
15m 40m dipole
20m 3 and one half el @ 50'
40m 40m dipole at 65' and quarter wave vertical
80m fanned inverted vee at 55'
160m inverted vee at 65'
Beverage 400' NE

See you all on SSB. Go CCO!