[3830] ARRLDX CW N2FF SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2FF SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:19:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East Williston, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:    0     0
   80:   57    36
   40:  132    62
   20:  232    74
   15:  124    65
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  545   237  Total Score = 387,495

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Two days before the contest with the temperature in the 50's and six inches of
snow still on the ground from the Blizzard of 2006 I reparied/replaced the
reflector on my 3 element quad with all new fiberglass and wire.  I would like
to think it paid off as I once again had a three element quad.  I never learned
how to run in CW so it was entirely a search and pounce eoperation using
Writelog and the band map feature plus the great CW display (Try it.  Great
feature!)  As the wx outside was in the 20's the contest was a great way to
spend the weekend inside and warm.

The Bolied Owls had good partipation in the contest P40LE, KS2G, NA2M, K2QMF,
N2GA, N2UN , K2SX, W2YK, W2LK and N2FF.  For us all it was quite a hoot.  It is
always fun to have a weak station on the other side of the world answer you
call.  When It was over I had 91 total contries.  Not quite as good as sunspot
cycle peaks but still a nice way to spend a cold windy weekend in a warm shack.