[3830] ARRLDX CW N4YDU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ydu@att.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4YDU SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:19:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nc
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:   68    43
   80:  145    56
   40:  298    73
   20:  677    83
   15:  284    76
   10:   19    11
-------------------
Total: 1491   342  Total Score = 1,525,662

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, it proved to be a fun weekend. I wanted to operate more, but
sickness
developed Friday morning and kicked in pretty hard Saturday afternoon.
slept three hours Friday, but found myself in need of a lot of naps.

This was the first contest from the new qth. Conditions were good
enough to
keep things fun. 15 Meters was much better for me the second day. I was
able
to run Western Europe on Sunday and JA started coming in late in the
day.
The low bands were great! It was nice to have receive antennas.

The biggest negative was losing the power output on one of my IC 751A
rigs.
I'm pretty sure the finals popped. I switched to 10M on Sunday and
after a
third call to PJ2T, there was very little power output. I was SO1R for the last
six hours of the contest.

Equipment:

Antennas
8 element lp (14-28 mhz) at 75 feet
3 element ta33jr at 30 feet
40M Inverted vee at 65 feet, groundplane at 40 feet, half-square
(NW/SE),
half-wave vertical
80M Inverted vee at 60 feet (NW/SE) half-square (NE/SW), quarter-wave
vertical
160M Inverted L

Receive antennas: 160/80 four square and 600 foot beverage

Rigs: Two icom 751As
Software: CT

73,

Nate/N4YDU