[3830] ARRLDX CW K2PS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pete@staffordsystems.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2PS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:10:52 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:   33    27
   80:  118    51
   40:  332    75
   20:  706    81
   15:  383    77
   10:   24    13
-------------------
Total: 1596   324  Total Score = 1,551,312

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The big surprise this time was 160.  Never got around to putting up an antenna
for the band, so just tried for a few Caribbeans with the 80 meter vee (45 feet
at apex) and my LP.  Incredibly, they heard me frequently, and even more
surprisingly heard and worked a bunch of EU's.  So maybe that made up for the
lack of 10 meter Q's.  6-banders were TI5N, PJ2T, 8P9PA, and P40W.

20 was the hot band, open to EU most of the time, and I doubled total Q's from
last year.  Had a bit (only a bit) of success on 15, total QSO's there down
about 40%.

Congrats to N1UR who dominates this class.  Can I buy you an amp?

Pete, K2PS