[3830] CQ160 CW PC5A(@PI4TUE) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW PC5A(@PI4TUE) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:08:17 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: PC5A
Operator(s): PC5A
Station: PI4TUE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Eindhoven
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 428  State/Prov = 3  Countries = 48  Total Score = 110,058

Club:

Comments:

I entered the last 7 and somewhat hours in the contest to try out the two sloper
system we have put up at the clubstation. One is a true quarter wave end fed
sloper sloping towards the north west (North America), the other is about 30
feet longer and slopes down towards north east (Japan). Both slopers feedpoints
are at 220 feet. They are grounded at the lightning protection circuit which
runs along the roof. I've noticed at least 10 dB difference with signals from
North East. Same with north west. Best DX was JT1CO, from NA I managed to work
VO2AC, KC1XX and KI1G.

RIG: TS950 with 400W
TX Ant: 2 slopers @220 feet
RX Ant: 2 K9AY loops (NE-SE-SW-NW)