[3830] ARRLDX CW K4EA SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4EA SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:47:54 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4EA
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:   98    56
   80:  196    75
   40:  398    94
   20:  467    89
   15:  589   101
   10:   46    29
-------------------
Total: 1791   444  Total Score = 2,385,612

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

The European signals on 160 and 80 were great!  Many were S9 plus.  The biggest
frustration I had, was trying to work Caribbean/South America and Asia stations
off the sides of the 20M wire beam (pointed NE).  This hurt the multiplier count
on 20.  When I got on 15M Saturday morning, the line noise was so bad I went
back to 20.  The noise finally calmed down several hours later, but I had lost
the early propagation into Russia and west Asia.  I had a good run into JA but
no SE Asia.  Sunday, the rain had reduced the noise and I was able to run on 15
reasonably well.  10M perked up and even managed a couple of Africa and Oceana
stations.  I did manage NL7Z on scatter with the antenna over the pacific.

Equipment: FT1000MP, LK800, HB 8877, and Writelog
Antennas:  10M 5el at 70', 15M 6el @ 90', 20M extended double zepp with
reflector @ 35' NE (works great and I'm planning on for 40M, 40M wire GP @ 30',
80M wire GP with 8 elevated radials, 160m Top loaded wire GP with 8 elevated
radials RX 4 550' and a 200' (towards asia) beverages.