[3830] NCQP K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:29:14 -0800
                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   25     12
   40:   39     15
   20:    1      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   65     27  Mults = 52  Total Score = 12,948

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The score is what NA gave me, assuming 3 points for CW and 2 for SSB qsos, and
no bonus points. So the real score must be less than this.

For a while I thought I might have been mobiling in NC for this one.  Several
weeks ago my wife picked this weekend as the one when she wanted to visit her
best friend who lives in Cabarrus county near Davidson. At first there were no
cheap air fares, so I volunteered that I'd be happy do drive us down in the
minivan and spend Sunday driving around NC. (My tentative route was pretty much
what NY4N ended up doing.) She thought about it, and decided that she didn't
really want me interrupting her quality time on Saturday, nor to take Monday off
work to drive home.  As it turns out USAir had a last minute deal which she
took, and flew off to NC.

Decent participation early on, but by the end it seems to have turned into the
NY4N Qso Party.  Jeff did a good job, but could have used some more help.  Maybe
some year I can provide that  :>)

See you all from Michigan on Saturday, April 15.

73  -  Jim   K8MR