[3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:57:46 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:  101    36
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  101    36  Total Score = 10,908

Club:

Comments:

Limited time for lower 48 prop. Getting to the end of the topband
season for Alaska. Good signals from the East coast but my normal
steady but slow rate of the Western states were nil. Gave up early
first night and only operated a hour or so for the second. I probably
should have switched bands to my only other antenna, a mighty fine
dipole on 80. Plans for a long season of antenna work, now all on
the ground in neat piles under the snow. First up 80 4 sq. You can
actually hear signals on 80 here on the Kenai unlike the Arctic with
the RF sucking aurora I had to put up with for 32 years.
73, Rich, KL7RA, North Kenai, Alaska.