[3830] ARRLDX SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn3w@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:05:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   38    29
   80:  173    62
   40:  469    87
   20: 1239   112
   15:  469    79
   10:   51    17
-------------------
Total: 2436   386  Total Score = 2,820,888

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, that was rough.

First, thanks to John Evans N3HBX for letting me use the Poolsville QTH for this
contest.  I was going to run Clarksburg, but John didn't want four towers and 20
yagis go to waste.  So, he let me take it over.  As always John, my deepest
appreciation.  And thankfully, nothing blew up.

Second, my hats off to those that, like John Evans, were insane enough to
operate single-op 20 meters.  What an absolute zoo.

Like the CW contest, I felt much more comfortable on the second day, than the
first.  I felt much more comfortable with SO2R on day 2, and actually starting
running duel CQs on 20 and 80 in the morning.  The runs were weak at points and
insane at other points.  The end product was a good score and close to K4ZW's
2005 score which was my target for this year.

The bands were typical in low sunspot fashion.  20 was absolutely jammed wire to
wire.  40 was wild but very productive.  15 was disappointing but much better on
Sunday.  10 was downright awful.  80 and 160 were decent to good.

I apologize for all of the repeats, but the QRM on 40 and 20 was absolutely
HORRENDUS.  My hats off to all those who called in - especially the 4K who hung
in there for probably five minutes to complete the QSO on 40!