[3830] ARRLDX SSB OK1RI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OK1RI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:40:56 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OK1RI
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:  118    31
   80:  403    47
   40: 1020    59
   20: 1966    60
   15:  678    50
   10:
-------------------
Total: 4185   247  Total Score = 3,100,344

Club:

Comments:

The propagation was better than expected on all bands. First night was much
better - the propagation was probably the same on the second one but we have got
over 10 inches of snow during the second night and the static..... It stopped
snowing at around 0430Z and the difference was HUGE ! I just try to imagine what
I would have worked if it would not be snowing...(HI!)
The biggest reserve is again on 80m - same as last year. I was again favoring
160m, + 40m was much faster. I had already 44 states there after the first night
so I have never expected big reserves in multipliers there and since the static
from the snow I have spent there only short time during the second night and
never tried on the end.

Let's asume 10m is nonexistent I was again amazed at the number of 5-banders. It
was 26 last year this year more than twice: 53 !! N0IJ, W0AIH and K9HMB beeing
the outermost ones.

I am very happy with the score - almost exactly 1 mil more than last year !!!!!!
and almost the same as 2 years ago while I had 1440 QSOs on 15m + a few on 10m.
I wonder how much CT8T beeing at least 30% closer to the US has ? It is like he
beeing in FL and me in WI.

I was trying to call CQ above 7150 but never made a single QSO there - probably
no one was listening there for DX ?! The listening frequency on 40m is starting
to be real problem since groving number of US stations is starting to call CQ
upstairs and each "big gun" takes at least 2 kHz of usable space and there is
realy not much left without the BRODCASTERS. I had quite a problem with K1TTT -
it was 5-times he started to call on the frequency I was listening at, so only
thing left was to find some other one but where ??!? I just wonder if it was by
acident (5-times ?!) or by purpose ?!?!?!

Concerning comments on ZOO on 20m band - I consider it very "CIVILIZED" compared
to 40m during CQWW-SSB or CQ160m-SSB previous weekend that was the real ZOO !

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE CALL !

73 !

Jiri