[3830] ARRLDX SSB KB1H M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KB1H M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 06:25:00 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): AA1CE, K1EBY, KA1MPG, KB1DFB, KB1H, KE1LI, N1GKI, N2TTA, NB1U,
NG1G, W1TJL
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   78    50
   80:  405    78
   40:  367    90
   20: 1183   117
   15:  537   109
   10:   53    14
-------------------
Total: 2683   458  Total Score = 3,580,644

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What seems to be the theme with most M/M operations nowadays was the same here.
Many parttime operators supplementing the full time ops. New to the crew in this
contest was Yuri, N2TTA, Jon, KA1MPG, and Pat, NG1G. All three were a great help
and Yuri has set the standard for operators here to strive for.

Again we fell short on 20 Meters. A combination of operators and antennas
probably the reason. Our stacks on 20 have worked great until this year with no
apparent change in measurements. Maybe they just don't stand up during the
sunspot bottom. We plan on addressing that this year. Also as "Station Manager"
I have realized I need more work in operator management. You have to
put the best and toughest operators on 20 meters if you want to do
well. Until 15 and 10 meters lightens the activity on 20 meters, the
20 meter band is a battlefield.

Again we had fun. The Realtime Score board again kept us motivated
but as the gap from us to the other two reporting M/Ms widened we
were a little discouraged. The negative of knowing how bad you are
doing! Thanks to everyone for the QSOs. Look for Yuri in the Russian DX Contest
and NZ1U in CQWW WPX CW.