[3830] OkQP K5YAA Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@okdxa.org
Subject: [3830] OkQP K5YAA Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:45:39 -0800
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: 29 Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:       0       0
   80:       0       0
   40:     634       0
   20:     812      33
   15:       3       3
   10:       0       0
    6:       0       0
------------------------
Total:    1449      36  Mults = 00  Total Score = 10

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Whew!  Roughly 600 more Qs this year than last!

Have not counted my mults yet - reason for the lack of TOTAL score.
Used a bug ( many times I'm sure it was noticed ) especially when we hit some
rather rough terrain - even a couple of the interstates had rough spots.  Also,
paper logged again this year to decrease any noise generated from "devices".
Regardless still has a number of areas that had very high QRN.  I'm sure some of
it due to the very dry conditions out west.  Thanks to all for the AS 1 while we
got away from the QRN sources and my apology if I couldn't pull you through.
The hamstiks and TS850 performed without incident this year.  40 meters was very
productive.  15 never really opened except for a brief spurt on Saturday.  I
didn't try 80 as my supplier sent a 75 stik instead of a true 80 so I couldn't
get the SWR down enough to bother with it.

We had a great time.  If you have not been on the receiving end of a pile from a
mobile you should give it a try sometime.  My only out of the country experience
was in Iceland in the sixties.  The pileups there were no more intense than at
times when we drove into a new county.  Thanks for allowing me to thin 'em out
by catching a couple of letters here and there.

I want to express my appreciation to the many - I do mean many, stations that
followed us across all 29 counties.  17 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday.  I'd list
the calls but would likely miss some as I'm just scanning the logs visually
right now.  All of you know who you are and you made the 714 miles a great
operating pleasure.  I hope we had enough rover activity this year to keep
things interesting.  My XYL Carol K5YAB did all the driving again this year.  My
thanks to her for a no incident trip!

Also, a special "hats off" to the Europeans that called in numerous times.
DL5AWI, RK2FWA, DL3GA, DL4RX, I4IKW, DL7JAN, DL8USA, LZ4UU, HB9RG, CU2JT,
DL3IAC, LY3BA, UA3AGW, LY2ZZ, HA7UG, G3ISY and F2YT.  Felt like I was running
along the east coast ( at least the Florida part ) at times on 20 meters.  Also
got a JA in the log this year - such a deal indeed.

Thanks to the Canadians that were in there.  One VE3 sounded like a local most
of the time.

Logs are already beginning to roll in.  I will acknowledge receipt of each as
they arrive.  I'm expecting some tight scores for most of the 2006 plaques.

Thanks for the riding along with us and best 73,
Jerry - K5YAA