[3830] WiQP K0HW SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0HW@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP K0HW SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:03:28 -0800
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: South Dakota
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   13     32
   40:   49    126
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   62    158  Mults = 63  Total Score = 26,649.0

Club:

Comments:

I have always enjoyed this QSO Party.  It is the first one I ever entered in
back in the 1970s.  I planned to spent the full seven hours on this QSO Party.

I did spend the time the same as in 2005 but ended with less QSOs over all and
one less multiplier.  I had the best run I have ever had in a QSO Party in the
first hour.  It was great to have a pileup on 40 SSB all trying to get the
contact with South Dakota.  Thanks to all those stations that keep it fun.  I
didn't spend the amount of time on 40 CW that I should have, I can see that now
after it is over.  I probably missed a lot of counties I could have picked up.

The QRN at the end was really bad as a winter storm is moving across the area.
It was hard to copy many on 75 and 80.  40 was a good band for me during the
entire contest but even it had QRN.  As the contest started we had about a half
inch of snow on the ground but it had turned to rain.  I was able to copy WI
stations on 20 but when I tried to call them they could not even tell I was
calling them.  I didn't hear anything on 15 or 10 from WI.  It was sure
different conditions than last weekend during the DX Contest when I seemed to
copy all kinds of stateside signals on all bands including a lot of WI
stations.

ICOM 756PROII, Dipoles on 40 and 75/80 and Writelog