[3830] Commonwealth VE3FU(@VE3RM) Restricted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3FU(@VE3RM) Restricted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:44:45 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3FU
Operator(s): VE3FU
Station: VE3RM

Class: Restricted HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   40
   40:  189
   20:  247
   15:   23
   10:    0
------------
Total:  499  Total Score = 5,275

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Thanks to Don VE3RM for the use of his station.

81 Band Call Areas (99 if HQ stations count as Band Call Areas)

Not the greatest condx.

Only worked 8 G's on 80m.  The QRN was pretty bad around sunset.  Unfortunately
I didn't have time to get the Beverage working at VE3RM.  I could tell there
were others calling but couldn't pull them out.

40m was decent and surprised me a couple of times.  The first was after sunrise
and I had G's calling me up to 1120Z.  The second was before sunset and I was
working G's at 1950Z.

20m was OK, but there were still a lot of dead times with only a few new
stations to work.

15m was disappointing.  I only worked 6 G's, all between 1445 and 1515.  If it
wasn't for the second radio I probably would have missed the opening. I called
and worked A22/JH4ART but despite pleading, he said he was not in the contest
and would not give me a serial number.

Hours worked: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 00Z.  Best hours were
12Z and 21Z.

In 2003 I made 367Q's for 5035 points, with Low Power, an EX-14, 40m wire 4-SQR,
80m Vee, and 4 Beverages.  I was expecting a lot this year more since I was at
VE3RM with 2 radios, 2 amps, 2 tribanders (one fixed on EU), 2-el on 40m, and an
80m Vee.  There's always next year!

TNX for all the QSOs.

73,

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC