[3830] OkQP K8MR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP K8MR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:28:48 -0800
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:      3       0
   40:     29       0
   20:     21       8
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:     53       8  Mults = 40  Total Score = 4,880

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I think I got the score correct.  As an experiment concerning the problem of
operating two overlapping contests, I merged NA multiplier files and set up a
dual OK/WI log. Though I missed the two overlapping hours of the two contests,
it seems to have worked although one has to then manually add up and compute a
score.  I've talked to K8CC about providing a more elegant way to handle the
post contest work, so hopefully Dave can come through.

Otherwise I mostly go on to work NO5W, with whom I've been discussing his mobile
logging program.  I found Chuck pretty easily, as well as lots of other OK
mobiles. I think all the contest ops in OK must have been out mobile, though
that didn't leave many home stations to work.  But mobiles are good, and the
contest exceeded my expectations.

At times there was a huge difference between the guys in eastern OK (too close)
and western OK (very loud)!

Memo to K2BA:  when you're mobile, you've got to include your county when you
are calling CQ! It's the only way we can tell if you are a dupe.

I missed most of Sunday, doing tower work for a couple of local friends.

See you all from Michigan, Saturday April 15.

73  -  Jim   K8MR