[3830] OkQP W0BH Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] OkQP W0BH Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:40:21 -0800
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7:00

  160:
   80:
   40:     54
   20:    137      197
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    191      197  Mults = 49  Total Score = 47,579

Club:

Comments:

Rig: ICOM 706 MarkIIG, 100w, mag-mount Hustler verticals
          on a Chevy Astro van

     Counties: KAY NOB PAY LOG OKL CLE MCL GRV MUR CAR

     Spring Break from Hesston College and the OK QSO Party
     made a great combination as my wife, Lorna (K0WHY) and I
     headed south from Kansas for some camping in southern OK.
     I noticed we'd be travelling through nine OK counties, so
     at the last minute, I added the computer and a CW paddle
     and tried "rover" for the first time.  Good decision, I'm
     hooked!

     I operated as we drove along and in between hikes and
     camping from our campground in MUR county.  On Sunday, we
     had lunch on the MUR-CAR county line which put a tenth
     county on the air.  Lots of WI QSO Party activity helped
     increase the Q count.  I did try 15 and 80 meter CW from
     time to time with no takers.

     Thanks to all who followed me along and helped me through
     the "rover" learning curve including the following hams
     with 5 or more contacts (might include a few dup QSOs)

     N6MU   17      VE3CRU  6      DL5AWI  5      N4LF   5
     W4IX   16      K3GY    6      K8MFO   5      NG7Z   5
     K4MUT  10      ND5S/8  6      KI4FW   5
     W7OM    9      W7KQZ   5      KN4Y    5      12 stations
     K7QBO   8      WB8JUI  5      KS5A    5      with 4 QSOs
     N8II    7      AA4FU   5      N2CU    5      each

     I suspect this won't be the last time roving in the OKQP.
     Thanks to the Oklahoma DX Association for a great event.
     See you all in the WPX!

     73, Bob, w0bh