[3830] ARRLDX SSB 3D2NB(W7YAQ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 3D2NB(W7YAQ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:57:23 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 3D2NB
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: 3D2NB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Nadi, Fiji
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:    3     3
   40:  154    39
   20:   80    19
   15:  262    46
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  500   108  Total Score = 162,000

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I expected to be operating this contest from Rotuma.  However, flight
cancellations the previous Wednesday and Friday extended our stay at Club Fiji.
Operated with an HF6V on the beach and a TS570 in the bure.  The contest starts
at noon on Saturday here.  With our flight to Rotuma now scheduled for Monday
morning, we had to take down everything late Sunday afternoon.  Consequently I
missed most of the 2nd day of the contest.

Operating this contest from the Pacific is a low key affair.  Propagation and
North American beams pointed elsewhere make for some pretty slow hours.  An
occasional spot by a kind soul would generate a brief flurry of activity.  I was
expecting more based on the large pileups and nearly continuous openings to
North America from our Rarotonga ZK1NOU ARRL CW operation.  We had an equally
good location here on Fiji, but being 1500 miles further west didn't help.  Made
our lone 10 meter contact with N6QQ.  K7RL, W6YI, and W9RE made it into the log
on 75.

73,
Bob W7YAQ