[3830] Rus DX DJ5MW SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX DJ5MW SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:57:47 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: DJ5MW
Operator(s): DJ5MW
Station: DJ5MW

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Scheidegg
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   242     37      44        40
   80:   272    146      55        51
   40:   498    248      76        59
   20:   481    421      77        69
   15:    69    149      56        36
   10:     2      1       3         0
Total:  1564   1002     311       255  Total Score = 9,822,930

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

RDXC rocks!

Despite of the bad condx on highbands I made almost 300 QSOs more compared to
2005, 11 countries more, but 33 oblasts less because of the missing 15/10m
conds. Therefore the score is only up abt 20.000 points from last year, but
still I´m very pleased with it.

I started 20/SSB because signals on 15m were quite weak before the contest. For
that reason I almost missed the 15m opening! Being on 15m/SSB at 12.30 produced
a super rate and russian signals over 9+20! But after some 30 minutes all became
"normal" again and the band closed really soon.

I didn´t invest any time on 10m this year. Checking with the 2nd radio I mostly
heard nothing but noise, so I concentrated on working QSOs with it.
Only 3 QSOs were made on 10m via groundwave. TNX to HB9CZF, OE9SEI and DF5UL for
QSYing with me from other bands!

Are there other contests, where you can have an average 100+ rate over the
entire contest operating from DL? I don´t think so.

Big thanks to all russian callers, who make this one my contest highlight of the
year!

73 de Manfred, DJ5MW