[3830] WPX SSB 9M2CNC(@9M2RPN) SO(TS)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB 9M2CNC(@9M2RPN) SO(TS)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:07:38 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): 9M2CNC
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  192
   20: 1070
   15:  880
   10:    7
------------

Club: VKCC

Comments:

Station - IC756 Pro plus PW-1 amplifier, 400W output
Force 12 C3-S at 12m, Inverted V at 12m

A slow start but conditions improved on the Sunday with some 10m QSOs. Indeed
AH6RF was 59+10 dB (nearly 11 km from 9M2) on 10m.

40m was a disappointment but 400W and a low dipole doesn't cut it in the SSB
world.

20m was busy but I did manage a few good runs very low down in the band. There
were some outstanding signals from the east coast of NA with KI1G, KQ2M, VE3RM
and VY2LI at 59+ on 20m at 03:00 local time. Most unsual time but great to
hear.

15m suffered from BY OTHR and other strange noises. QSB was a real problem and
copying serial numbers was sometime painful. Many thanks for the stations who
sent serials more times than they expected.

Good activity from 9M2 with 9M2TO, 9M2MT and 9M2/JR1WZI heard/worked. Also
9M6AAC, 9M6/G3OOK annd 9M6DXX across the sea in 9M6 but they are on a different
(high scoring ;-) continent. As always a better turnout from HS.

I also worked many BY stations the majority of which seemed to be low power. The
BY activity is appreciated especially during the day time when there is little
DX. As I usually operate CW and RTTY the BY (or rather BD/BG) amateur growth
surprised me.

Thank you for the QSOs.

73 de Rich, 9M2CNC/G4ZFE