[3830] WPX SSB KR1ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KR1ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:27:36 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

------------
  160:   32
   80:   44
   40:   43
   20:    5
   15:    1
   10:    1
------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-897
Pwr: 100 Watts
Ant: bunch-a-wire in the antenna orchard

Just dabbled in the contest for 15 minutes - half hour here and there. Most fun
during the contest was realigning one of KG4IGC's Heathkit tube transmitters.
Literally a shocking experience. Felt like a character in "My Name is Earl" for
a minute there. I give it a B+ if you know what I mean. :-)

My only goal was to make a 100 Qs. No S&P this time except for a few Qs while
looking for an available frequency. This has not been a good contesting season
for me. I could not bring myself to spend a large portion of a weekend in the
chair this season.

Hopefully next season my interest is back, and then of course back to the only
real challenge, QRP. Oh boohoo to the
the-receiving-side-is-doing-all-the-work-and-life's-too-short-for-qrp crowd.
That's why you got that kilo bucks transceiver. You don't have that thing and
all that aluminum scraping the skies to receive S9+20 signals. :-P

Just having fun.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com