[3830] OkQP WW5X Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@wells.net
Subject: [3830] OkQP WW5X Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 15:44:28 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: WW5X
Operator(s): WW5X
Station: WW5X

Class: Rover HP
QTH: ROVER
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:    150        4
   20:    496      242
   15:      1        1
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    647      242  Mults = 60  Total Score = 146,100

Club:

Comments:

Really need a navigator next year.  Simply could not drive and work a CW pileup
at the same time.

Vehicle:  Infiniti G-35 coupe 6MT
Antenna:  High-Q, with cap hat.  Total height of just under 11.5 feet
Radio:    ICOM 756PRO
Amp:      Ameritron ALS500
Other:    W5XD CW interface
          Micro-AT MB (by Via)in an all-aluminum cabinet
          Micro-keyboard
          15" LCD monitor mounted slightly to the right of the driver
          (not blocking forward vision)
Nav:      Internal Infiniti and
          Laptop with a GPS, Street-AtlasUSA, intended routes programmed
Power:    2 12v 90mah Gel-cells attached to car's main with 100amp DC breaker
          00 battery cable to battery and to ground

Just trying to listen to the pileups sucked up 99.98% of my attention leaving
just enough to pull to the shoulder and hit the hazard lights.  I could almost
handle the SSB when they were coming a little slower.  Also still have some RF
problems working at 400+ watts mobile.  The G-35 coupe is a very RF quiet
vehicle, and the car's computer handled the RF just fine, no loss of performance
or funny "check engine" errors noted.  The 6-speed takes a little attention when
not on a highway.

We need a new piece of software for the PS2 - call it "Need for Rate" -
crossbreed of a driving sim with a CW contest sim.