[3830] GaQP N4PN/M SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4PN@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] GaQP N4PN/M SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:49:30 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4PN/M
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: ROVER
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  1511   126  CW Mults = 48  Ph Mults = 32  Total Score = 252,240

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Did this earlier and shows as sent but don't see it anywhere...so here goes
agn.

Oh My Aching Back....but was that fun or what!!

Thought it would be a long weekend when I started out in Pulaski County with
3 (THREE) contacts....Then on to Wilcox where things started to pick up.
Had plans for 21 counties on Saturday. Missed out on Toombs as the SWR went
out of sight while running thru that county....stopped at a convenience store
parking lot but couldn't find the trouble so headed up the road. I moved the
MFJ tuner which was on the dash and the line noise suddenly came back. Found
that the coax from the mag-mounted 15/20/40 antennas on top was shorted at the
PL-259. Had a pair of pliers and tore the jacket back and stuck the center
con-
ductor in the tuner and wrapped a rubber band around it and grounded the shield
to ground lug and we were back in business again....

Started Sunday in the home county of Bibb with a few takers....but had breakfast
with Chuck, NO5X & his XYL on Saturday morning and knew he'd be putting out
Bibb. Monroe was better but know several others also had put out
that one. The bands were pretty good to pretty bad off and on all day it seemed.
Thanks to the DX...DL8MLD, DK2PY, OK1FA, OK1AOV, OK1FED, CU2JT, DL3GA.
HA7UG (was strong on 40 & 20) and others....glad to have you in there.
Thanks to some ole friends for that one contact in the state/prov...KO7X (WY),

N3DXX (DE), VE9DX (NB), K0HW (SD), ole buddy Jim, WA4PXP for NM (he was every-
where)...Sunday afternoon condx got good on 40m and the pile-ups were great.
After hitting the interstate (I-75) on Sunday afternoon at Tift county, we
hit Turner, Crisp, Dooly, & Houston in short order and had a few minutes
before
the end so stopped in Byron, GA and ran Peach county that we had not planned
on.
It sure was good to see that Subway shop and their sub never tasted better.
By adding Peach, we ended up with the 44 counties that we had planned.

Thanks to my buddy, Jeff (not a ham) for driving me again this year. I think
he's got a chance....he didn't ask me the question this year he asked last
year on Sunday morning as we were leaving...."are all hams as crazy as you?"
I think he's now figured out the answer on his on....
Thanks again Jeff, as he had to get up early on Monday morning and drive to
Columbia, SC for a meeting.

RIG: Icom IC-706MKIIG - 100w (w/spare)
ANT: Mag-mounted Hustlers for 15 (which I didn't need)/20/40
     High-Sierra in the trailer hitch for 80 & 10 (didn't need 10 either)

MFJ Tuner
Dell computer w/NA logging (which worked perfect again)
DJ2BW keyer (w/spare)
Plenty of snacks and water....

CU in a week or so in the FLQP for home in Franklin county or mobile - haven't
decided yet.....

73, Paul, N4PN