[3830] MiQP N8M(N8XX) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] MiQP N8M(N8XX) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:36:17 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N8M
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Rockford, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:  136     0
   40:   75     0
   20:   33     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  244     0  CW Mults = 74  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 36,112

Club: Grand Rapids ARA

Comments:

Anyone know what's inside one of these funny things called a Microphone?  My
main mic had a bad connection which caused a very bad hum on SSB, and the backup
mike didn't work atall.  (Of course, it probably failed because of fright from
being originally a CB mic and then put on a Ham Station.  It worked on sporadic
times some 5 or 10 years ago, I know for a fact, but....)  Conditions were
lousey until 80 opened up at about 5 p.m. EDT.  I thought my rig was broken for
a while, because I heard nil at noon.  Went to lunche, came back, and heard some
activity.  However, worked only one MI station on 40. Skip on 20 was mainly to
west coast and Florida.  However, it looks like several stations specifically
looked up N8M call sign, because they had very low Q's near the end of the
contest period.