[3830] MiQP N1IW/8 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1iw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MiQP N1IW/8 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:55:28 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N1IW/8
Operator(s): N1IW
Station: N1IW/8

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Atlanta, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:   65      2
   40:   25      9
   20:   54     36
   15:    0      0
   10:    1      1
--------------------
Total:  145     48  CW Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 27  Total Score = 26,702

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wahoo! Had a blast operating from MI for the first time in this one. Stock
IC-706MkIIG (no CW filters) into homebrew off-center fed 80M dipole. Have worked
 this one in the past from NH, but wanted to try this year from my cabin up in
Montmorency County, typically only active via rovers.

Opened on 20M and had great luck all afternoon on 20M with states west of
Mississippi River (CA, CO, WY, AZ, WA, NM, ID, UT...). Very few MI stations
worked before 0000Z. Worked a few of my buddies back in New England on 40M/80M
well after dark. CU2JT blew me away when he called me on 20CW at 2135Z! Even
managed to work my own county (MTMO), thanks to AF8A/M. Having no narrow filters
for CW made things a bit challenging everywhere on CW, and the static crashes on
80/75M made things tuff for both modes. Will definitely get a narrow CW filter
for the 706 for next year, or transport an HF rig with a better receiver.
Station worked on most band/modes: K8MQP

Bottom line: 193 Qs, 38 States + BC, 18 Counties

See you all agn next year and thanks for the Qs.