[3830] FlQP WA8REI SOABCW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KLOUKS@USOL.COM
Subject: [3830] FlQP WA8REI SOABCW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:26:26 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: WA8REI
Operator(s): WA8REI
Station: WA8REI

Class: SOABCW QRP
QTH: Freeland, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 8.25

   40:    0     0
   20:   67     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:   67     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 14,874

Club:

Comments:

Single band, single op, QRP, CW only.  Fun in spite of poor band condx Sunday.
37 Counties worked.  FT-817 at 5 watts, Hustler 4BTV Vertical ground mounted for
all QSOs.  22 Qs in my first hour, not a bad rate for hand logging and QRP.
Lots of activity on CW.  TNX ALL for making this an outstanding Q P.  Saturday's
condx from my QTH was a much better than Sunday.  I know there are lots of
gators (with no ears) in FL....many S9+ signals never came back to me, but with
the extreme QRN/QRM/QSB and overall poor band condx Sunday I can't blame
anyone's rx.  Thanks to all who dug me out.  Many stations made a great extra
effort in that regard.  Two notables:  ND9M/4 (BAY) and AD4ES (BRE).  Great to
work buddy N3JV Saturday at 1842 Zulu.

If everyone in FL would sign their CALL/county abbreviation with each CQ it
would certainly help.  It took me a couple hours to sort the rovers from the
fixed stations.  The 1x1 calls helped in that regard.  Signing CALL/FQP tells a
listening station nothing as does CQ FQP DE [CALL].  We can't read your mind if
you are fixed, portable, mobile!  What's your county, mounty?

Tnx agn for a great contest.  It was more fun than a Flyin' Pig flyin' over a
swamp full of gators, all of 'em snappin' their jaws, but unable to snag a
hamhock for din-din, and the piggy just a-oink-oinkin'!   PigPenKen, WA8REI