[3830] FlQP N2CU SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N2CU SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 03:47:21 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:  100     0
   20:  353     0
   15:   20     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  473     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 126,764

Club: WNYCC

Comments:

Hats off to the great mobile crew! A never ending stream of stations to work as
they flew through the counties. Mobile leaders: N4M(46), K4KG(43), K4J(39),
K4OJ(35), W5WMU(30), W1NN(29), W4OV and K4PG(25), KN4Y(24), AD8J(20) and special
thanks to N4OO(11) who gave me a sweep at 15:09Z Sunday. Worked as many mobiles
this year as my entire QSO count last year (thanks for the hot sauce Pat!).

At the break I was one county behind last year (61) but 70 QSO's ahead (280).
Things were looking good. I had to laugh at poor W8YRB in JEFF county on
Saturday. He had quite a pileup. Only problem, he was in Nebraska for the NeQP!

As mentioned before, there were no distinctive signals out there to
differentiate the mobiles except that K4OJ had artifacts about 0.5kHz above and
below his frequency. Tended to keep the frequency clear but at least once I
called him on the artifact frequency and wondered why he didn't come back! And
then there was N4M who was flying at 35 WPM or so.

Mobile windows were generally ignored by some stations and there were often two
Florida stations calling CQ on top of each other. I tried to get them to
separate when possible by sending QRM QRM QRM. No QRM from RTTY stations on 40m
at all (works for me).

All in all a great party and a great job by all, especially buddy WB2ABD working
with just dipoles. Gotta look out for him when he gets a beam up.

73,
Tom N2CU <><