[3830] N3BB 4/28 NS Comments

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] N3BB 4/28 NS Comments
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:12:47 -0500
Since the 3830 score submittal window is not yet operational, here is my
write-up in text form:

I was not in top form tonight.  The bands were good, and quiet. But I never
was in the zone.  I had one small hardware problem on 40 meters that cost
me two minutes in the middle of this thing.  Seemed to get crosswise every
time I worked N4OGW, and had to send dit dah dit dit dit every time while I
retyped in the info.  Sorry Tor.

There were very few signals on 80 meters here, and N4OGW was very much
stronger than every one else.  W9RE was right behind.  I kept trying to get
something going on 80 and 160, but the action on 80 seemed to develop only
right toward the end, and I never heard a single signal on 160, even though
I kept listening and sending F7 CQs there.  Oops, it's morning now and I
realize that I used 1840, not 1810-20.  Duh!  Sorry about that.  See, I
told you'all I was not on my game.

20 meters 18 Qs, 8 Mults
40 meters 27 Qs, 13 Mults
80 meters 9 Qs, 8 Mults
160 meters Zip

Total 54 Qs, 28 Mults

1,512 points

Stations worked the most often:

NK7U 8
N4OGW 6
K7NV 5
VA3NR 5
W9RE 5

N6RO worked only 2 times-is that possible?  Never in synch.  Ditto N4AF
(only 2 times).   W0YK/6 not at all.  It's clear that the skip to CA was
not optimum at all.

Jim N3BB