[3830] AlQP W0BH SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP W0BH SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:57:21 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 3:16

  160:
   80:   10
   40:   12     10
   20:   14     13
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:   36     23      0      40  Total Score = 2,096

Club:

Comments:

A great way to take my mind off of writing final exams for my students at
Hesston College!  I checked in on and off all day long and tried to keep up with
the mobiles.  At first, no luck hearing on 40m, but the band finally came in
later after I'd missed a number of counties already visited. I was particularly
impressed with the effort NY4N put in and it was fun hearing the familiar calls
from Florida and Georgia. Also enjoyed the two SSB party groups I heard. Good
work, all and special thanks to Jim, KC4HW for putting this together (and for
roving the southwest part of the state).

I did have a scoring question (not knowing how it was scored last year).
According to the rules I downloaded on the web, you calculate the score by
separating out phone and CW mults.  If I read the rules correctly, my score
would be :

    36 CW  x 2 points each x 24 CW  mults = 1728
    23 SSB x 1 point  each x 16 SSB mults =  368
    1728 + 368 = 2096 * 1 (high power multiplier) = 2096

I couldn't tweak my logging program to calculate the score this way. The closest
it came was (36*2) + (23*1) * (24+16) = 3800 which seems to be how a number of
the other 3830 posted scores were calculated. I notice this 3830 summary form
doesn't let us split up our mults either.

I didn't participate in this QSO party because of the points, but my
mathematical side would still like to know which way is correct!

Hope to see you all again next year.

73, Bob, w0bh