[3830] NCCC Sprint(5-5) N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(5-5) N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 23:03:50 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (5-5)

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   5      4
   40:  15      9
   20:  22     11
-------------------
Total:  42     24  Total Score = 1,008

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great cndx for Wk 3 on 30, 40, not so hot on 80. Looks like K7NV beat me this
week. Had 30 Q's in 15 minutes, but then sort of fell apart. I wonder if this is
simple brain fatigue or some other phenomenon.

Very, very happy to see lots of new players this week, W8EU, K6LRN, ND2T, and
I'm sure others I missed. And a special welcome back to John, K4BAI, our last
year's Eastern Div winner.

Murphy's law prevailed: K6DGW had asked me to take the 3830 net for him, so I
was rushing to get there and dropped the headphones in the process.  The off
button on my computer is 1/4 in diameter.  It would normally be simple to
recover the Writelog journal file, which is an excellent power failure backup.
But the disk drive, on it's last legs, couldn't be accessed.  So let it all cool
down for 2 hours, went back into the shack and miracle of miracles, things
everything started up and there were all 42 Q's recovered intact.  We all like
to say bad things about Writelog, or whatever program we use, but that's clutch
hitting in my view.

Efforts to hybridize my 80m antenna into a dual 160/80 were not successful, so
160 will have to wait another week.

73 Bill N6ZFO
NCCC Sprint Ladder Contest Director