[3830] NewEngQP K1EP/M SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP K1EP/M SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 05:24:18 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1EP/M
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP/M

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: New England
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:     26       1
   40:     50
   20:     91
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    167       1  Mults = 46  Total Score = 15,410

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I thought I would do more counties, but my newer laptop would not
cooperate.  It is a power hog compared to my older laptop.  It would only last
about 40 minutes on a full charge.  The power inverter would not power the
brick when the car was off or when the radio was transmitting.  So that limited
me to 40 minutes on or so, and maybe an hour or two to charge to about 50%or
60%.  I even went out in the middle of the contest to buy a bigger and better
power inverter, rated at 400W.  It still wouldn't power the brick, it would
whine and trip when presented with the non-resistive load.  I gave up after the
first few hours.  I did go out a couple of times locally on Sunday to hand out
the much needed Suffolk county though.  And to those who send QSO B4, mobiles
count in each new county.  That on top of the laptop got me to quit on
Saturday.  And why is it, when I arrive at one of those park and ride lots on a
Saturday afternoon, does it suddenly become a magnet for everyone else to drop
off or congregate?   Anyway, I hope everyone had fun and it was fun to hand out
the Qs that I did.