[3830] 7QP W7Z(W7ZR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dick.w7zr@gmai.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP W7Z(W7ZR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 07:28:44 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: W7Z
Operator(s): W7ZR
Station: W7ZR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    2
   80:   27     25
   40:  245    134
   20:  266    285
   15:   16
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Desert Rats Contest Club

Comments:

This was a much anticipated event and the wait was worth while.  I have only
done a few QSO parties but I can say based on this one my participation will
increase.

What a great job done by the organizers and their assitants throughout 7 land.
For a first time event the participation was great and for the most part came
off without a hitch.

I do feel the contest is about 3 hours too long.  Not only did I run out of gas
but activity dropped naturally as the east coasters and mid westerners pulled
the switch.

There was even some serious participation from DXers.  I did watch the A index
climb every 3 hours and it just proved to me why 10 and 15 did not produce
much.  If I had been SO2R I guess I would have been bip bopping between 20 and
15 but I was SO1R so limited in that respect.  Did I mention I was SO1R?

The W7Z call was a blast and got very few queries on the call.  Not that it was
any great advantage.

Very modest station here with a C4SXL at 55' an inverted vee for 80 and 160 and
55'.  My station classified high power but using the PW1 I ran about 950W most
of the time.  No excuses just the facts.

Again a tip of the hat and an 807 in the air to the organizers of this event.